Bespoke vs Templated Websites: Which is the Better Choice for Your Business?
Are you considering investing in a new website, but not sure whether to opt for a bespoke or templated approach? In this article, we’ll weigh up the pros and cons of each option and help you decide which one is right for you and your business.
The Purpose of a Good Website
A good website can enhance your digital presence, engage with your audience, and convert visitors into leads or sales. To achieve this, it’s essential to have a well-designed and well-built website that caters to your audience’s needs.
When you choose a bespoke website, you’ll be working with a team of designers, developers, and marketers who understand your business’s unique needs and target audience. This approach allows for a more personalised and tailored website that aligns with your brand identity.
- Unique: A bespoke website is designed specifically for your business, allowing you to express your brand personality without limitations.
- User Experience: A bespoke website is created with your customers’ journey in mind, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience.
- Technical Integrations: There are no restrictions on functionality and technical possibilities, allowing for seamless integration with other tools.
- Expansion Opportunities: Bespoke websites are built for evolution and can grow with your business over time.
- Integrated Content Management Systems: Simple and easy-to-use content systems are integrated, allowing your team to update content regularly.
- Built with Search in Mind: Bespoke websites are optimised for organic search, with speed and device responsiveness key areas that Google identifies when indexing your website.
- Project Length: From start to finish, a bespoke website can take 8-12 weeks to design and build, requiring careful planning and strategy.
- Budget Expectations: The investment in a bespoke website is higher than opting for a templated approach, as you are paying for a team of experts.
- Collaboration: Collaboration between the business and the web design agency is essential to ensure a successful project.
Templated website builders, such as Wix or Squarespace, offer a more affordable and straightforward approach to web design. These platforms provide pre-designed templates that you can customise to suit your needs.
- Cheap: Templated websites are suitable for those on a lower budget, with little to no upfront costs.
- Quick Turnaround Time: You could have a live website in a matter of days if building the website yourself or with someone you know.
- Limited Design: The design of a templated website is limited, with little room for creativity.
- Unnecessary Code: The code used to build a templated website is generic, slowing down your website and negatively impacting your speed.
- Standardised User Journey: The journey around your website is standardised, with no understanding of your user’s specific needs.
Which Option is Right for You?
As a web design agency with over 23 years of experience, we understand that budgets may be a deciding factor when choosing between a bespoke or templated website. However, we highly recommend working with trusted web experts to ensure a successful project.
Regardless of which industry you are in, your business’s online presence can have a significant impact on success. A well-designed and well-built website could be the difference between gaining or losing new opportunities for your business.
If you’d like to learn more about our services as a web design agency, please call 01237 418 814 to speak to our experts today.